The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) is a program that aims at the due fulfillment of social programs in the country.
In this way, the function of SASSA Johannesburg is to allow elderly, children and people with disabilities to have their rights adequately protected.
A public program defends and fights for human rights and ensures the provision of social assistance and services to people who are in vulnerable conditions.
The program has laws and a legal and constitutional apparatus that ensures the operation of its programs.
In SASSA Offices, citizens can have access to information on social programs and SASSA vacancies 2019.
To learn more about the program and to know the advantages of SASSA, read below:
- What is SASSA
- Advantages of Social Grants
- SASSA Grants Increase 2019
- How Much is SASSA Child Grant 2019
- SASSA Head Office
What is SASSA
The SASSA is an agency that emerged in 2005 to supply social needs.
In This way, several types of subsidies can be delivered to people who are socially vulnerable.
The program is subsidiary of the Department of Social Development – DSD.
During its creation, one of the main objectives was to allow the SASSA branches to exercise the command of social Security, reallocating the provinces of South Africa to the national government.
SASSA is a public entity in terms of the agenda 3A of the Public Finance Management Act.
Advantages of Social Grants
As you can check on the website of SASSA – www SASSA gov za, there are numerous benefits that the program provides to the subsidiaries.
Prior to the implementation of SASSA, the governments of the 9 provinces were responsible for the transfer and administration of such social subsidies.
However, with the unification that the SASSA provided, all benefits could be unified by the administration of the federal government.
Check out the SASSA grants below:
- child support grant;
- care dependency grant, for caring for a child with severe disability;
- older person’s grant (a pension);
- foster child grant;
- disability grant;
- social relief of distress, a temporary measure for people in dire need;
- war veteran’s grant;
- grant-in-aid, for those who need a full-time caregiver.
SASSA Grants Increase 2019
Recently, the SASSA disclosed the increase in the value of pensions for the beneficiaries.
From this new measure, the government will make available R567 billion in social subsidies.
In This way, it is expected that the number of people benefited by the program will increase from 17.9 million to 18.6 million people within 3 years.
- The foster care grant goes up to R1,000 a month.
- Old-age pensions will increase by R85 this year, to R1,780 monthly.
- Pensioners over the age of 75 will receive a monthly pension of R1,800.
How Much is SASSA Child Grant 2019
The SASSA regularly applies adjustments and corrections to pension and subsidy values.
In this way, the subsidiaries can benefit from the new amount.
One of the most required benefits in the program is Child grant, because there is several childrens who needs it.
According to the last readjustment, the SASSA pension for Children in October 2018 the value of the pension is R430.
If you want to subscribe to the program to receive alimony, so you must meet some requirements.
See them below:
- First of all, the he applicant needs to be the primary caregiver of the child – as father, grandfather, mother – and be older than 16 years. If you are the child’s father, then you must present an official proof;
- Must be a South African citizen or permanent resident;
- Do not receive more than R48 000 per year if single, and, if married, should not be greater than R96 000 per year;
- The child must be under 18 years of age;
- Not receive any kind of aid from other institutions;
- Finally, you have to live with the primary caregiver.
SASSA Head Office
SASSA HOUSE – 501 Prodinsa Building, Cnr Steve Biko and Pretorius Streets – Pretoria.
WESTERN SASSA CAPE TOWN – Golden Acre, Adderley Street, Cape Town, 8001.